Monday, June 05, 2006

A Letter to Dad



Dear Dad...
In the light of the upcoming Father's day, i feel the need to express how grateful i am to have you.

Dear Dad...
You've given me everything. Including showing me how beautiful this life is. But, what's more: you've taught me so many things. Lessons that i've been learning from you. Lessons that i'll be carrying and keeping in mind for the rest of my life. Lessons that money can't buy. Lessons that not everyone can experience. Lessons that can not be bought, nor can i repay you even for a billion bucks. Since they are many.. And they are priceless.
I call them one too many
Treasures. Treasures that i would carry with me for the rest of my life. One too many that i can't even count each one with my own 10 fingers. One too many that even a thank you won't be enough to give to you.

Dear Dad...
I randomly found a poem. a perfect one for you.
"God took the strength of a mountain, the majesty of a tree, the warmth of a summer sun, the calm of a quiet sea, the generous soul of nature, the comforting arm of night, the wisdom of ages, the power of the eagle's flight, the joy of a morning in spring, the faith of a mustard seed, the patience of eternity, the depth of a family need. Then god combines these qualities, when there was nothing more to add, He knew his masterpiece was complete. And so, He called it...DAD."

Dear Dad...
You've shown me that a father is not merely a dad. Dad means so many things. Dad can be a father, an advisor, a listener, a teacher, a supporter, a best friend, a shelter through all the rain, a savior, a shield from the storm, a love to keep me safe and warm, a truth that will never change. The one i can rely on through anything. The one who i always turn to. The life-time inspiration...
For me...you're all of those things. And i thank you for that.

So, Dad...
I carry your heart with me (i carry it in my heart). I'm never without it.
(E. E. Cummings).

HAPPY FATHER'S DAY!

No comments: